By Angie Roberts Harris and Leah Harris
Each year, Epcot blooms with a celebration of spring during the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival! Here are five must-dos for this annual event running from March 1 to May 29:
1. Topiaries - Over 100 incredible topiaries adorn the park during the festival! My absolute favorite topiary tradition is Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, located near the German Pavilion, with Anna and Elsa from Frozen as a close second, located at the Norway Pavilion.
New topiaries this year include Belle, located at the France Pavilion; Figment, located behind Spaceship Earth; Phineas and Ferb, located near Odyssey Bridge; and The Three Caballeros, located at the Mexican Pavilion. You will want to see all of the captivating topiaries which range in size from a few feet tall to larger- than-life!
2. Gardens - Nature is abundant with over twelve various garden themes to enjoy. The floating mini-gardens and bonsai collection are definitely at the top of my list! The Disney imagineers have created awe-inspiring displays, including a pre-historic garden with plants that existed when dinosaurs roamed the earth.
3. Outdoor Kitchens - Seventeen delightful outdoor kitchens tour your taste buds from France to Japan! Each delectable dish features the freshest locally sourced ingredients available and bring joy to the heart of every guest!
4. Capture the memories - Picturesque scenery such as the beautiful botanical gardens, butterfly garden, or character topiaries make unique and classy backdrops for family pictures, wedding photos, family reunion groups, senior class pictures, fun head shots, etc. The amazing colors and textures of nature envelop guests in a magical fairytale!
5. Unique Experiences – The Garden Rocks Concert Series, Behind the Seeds Tour, and how-to-demos from garden specialists are just a few of the excellent special events and tours offered during the festival.
Garden Passports, available at all outdoor kitchens, are beautiful souvenirs and list all of the events, activities, fine dining, and merchandise that you won’t want to miss! The International Flower & Garden Festival is an amazing celebration of spring which embraces the true spirit of EPCOT.
Angie Roberts Harris has been Going Out The Door to Disney since 1974 when she was 11 years old. Today she travels to the ‘happiest place on earth’ with her husband and their crew of 5 children and their families.